September 26, 2022
If you’re a fan of wine and cats, then you’ll be happy to know that there are quite a few wineries and distilleries around the country that support cat rescue organizations. In this article, we’ll introduce you to some of our favorites so you can enjoy your next glass of wine or spirit, knowing that you’re also helping save some kitties!
The Connection between Cats and Wine
The love of cats and wine is a long-standing tradition. One of the first known wineries was started by the Ancient Egyptians, who worshipped cats. Today, many wineries and distilleries around the world support cat rescue organizations. Here are just a few of them.
Cat Wine: This company makes wines specifically for cats. A portion of the proceeds from every purchase goes to support cat rescue organizations.
Cattitude Wines: This company makes wines with feline-themed labels. A percentage of sales goes to support groups that help homeless cats.
Nyan Nyan Nouveau: This Japanese company makes a sparkling wine that comes in a can shaped like a cat. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes to support cat rescue groups in Japan.
Temptations Cat Treats: Temptation is a well-known brand of cat treats. The company has partnered with several cat rescue organizations to help raise funds for their work.
The Top Ten Cat-Friendly Wineries and Distilleries
- Wolfville Winery – Wolfville, Nova Scotia, is home to Canada’s first cat sanctuary, which helps local shelters find new homes for adoptable cats. The winery also donates wine to the sanctuary in support of its cause.
- Brugal Reserva Privada – This winery in Santiago de Cuba provides free wine to local shelters and rescues. They also work with the local veterinary clinic to provide vaccinations and care for sick or abandoned cats.
- Stroud Family Wines – Located in Napa Valley, California, this family-owned winery donates a portion of each wine sale to animal rescue organizations, including the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). In 2013, they donated 2,500 cases of wine!
- Left Bank Cellars – Located in Saint Helena, Left Bank Cellars donates 50% of profits from its sparkling wines to animal welfare organizations like the Blue Cross/Blue Shield cat charity. They also offer a special “cat Vintage” that features wine made with fruit from a local feline shelter.
- Acequia Vista Vineyards & Winery – This
How You Can Help
There are many ways to help support cat rescue. One way is to buy products made with rescued cats in mind. For example, some wine companies offer wines that are labeled “cat-friendly.” Others make donations to cat rescue organizations. Some people even create social media campaigns to raise awareness of the issue and ask their friends and followers to purchase products made with rescued cats in mind. Whatever you do, make sure you’re doing your part to help these animals!
Wineries and distilleries are often the first places people turn to for help when they find a homeless or abandoned Cat. Not only do these businesses have the means and resources to care for cats, but many of them also offer foster programs which allow felines in need to find a permanent home.
Josie Patra comes with 7 years of blogging experience. She has completed her degree in medicine and studying post-graduation in veterinary science. Josie has two dogs of her own and is an ardent pet lover.