December 2, 2022
The Welsh Springer Spaniel is not just about its silky and soft coat, but this dog breed has something of just everything. This write-up lets us focus on more information about the dog breed.
Adopting a Welsh Springer Spaniel
If you are planning to bring home a pet, instead of looking around for kiosks and banners that read Welsh springer spaniel for sale, it is best not to buy one but instead to adopt one. By doing so, you will be able to give a permanent home to one. However, you must have patience for that. This is because there is a long waiting list.
To get healthy Welsh springer spaniel puppies, you can start searching at the national breed club, the Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, or the breed-specific Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue centers.
Before you adopt, it is important to know about the Welsh springer spaniel puppies’ parents, their medical history, and the ideal conditions they must be kept in. Generally, the Welsh springer spaniel price and that of the puppies range between $1,200 and $3500, but this figure will differ based on availability, medical condition, and pedigree.
Having said about getting the whereabouts of this cute dog breed, let us get into the details of the Welsh Springer Spaniel details.
Welsh Springer Spaniel temperament
Learn more about the breed if you are planning to bring one home.
- Size -The weight of a male ranges between 40 lbs and 45 lbs, and that of a female is between 35 lbs and 40 lbs.
- The height of the male is 19 inches at withers, and that of the female is 18 inches at withers.
- The length of the coat is medium.
- The characteristic of the coat is straight.
- The color of the coat is rich red and white.
- The need for overall grooming is not very strict but moderate.
- The physique is long and black.
- It is expected to exercise for at least 40 minutes or more daily.
- The drooling tendency is low.
- The tendency to snore, dig and bark is low.
- The Welsh springer is affectionate and loving but not as outgoing as the English Springer Spaniel. The Welsh Springer is an introvert kind and prefers not to display its emotions in front of outsiders.
- It is a good family dog and ideal to be with children.
- The temperament is calm, although the dog is active and energetic.
According to the Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, this dog always prefers to stay close to the owner. And it goes to the extent of following the owner even to the bathroom. It is a loyal and devoted dog breed. It may not be very aggressive, but it is undoubtedly watchful and always stays alert.
Josie Patra comes with 7 years of blogging experience. She has completed her degree in medicine and studying post-graduation in veterinary science. Josie has two dogs of her own and is an ardent pet lover.