September 25, 2022
Are you planning a trip and worried where to keep your pet? When you’re away from your pet, it’s important to find a pet boarding house to take good care of them. Here are some tips to help you choose the right one.
What to consider when choosing a boarding house for a pet
When choosing a pet boarding house, you will want to consider the following:
- The house size and whether it has enough space for your pet.
- The type of care the boarding house provides.
- The price of the boarding house.
- The location of the boarding house.
- The amenities offered by the boarding house.
How to find a good boarding house for your pet
There are a few things to consider when choosing a pet boarding house.
The first thing you will want to think about is the type of pet you have. Some boarding houses specialize in dogs, while others are better suited for cats.
Once you know your pet type, the next thing to consider is how often you will be able to bring your pet in for visits. Some boarding houses allow pets to stay for extended periods, while others only allow visits during specified hours.
Finally, check out the reviews online to see if any friends or family have used the boarding house and had a good or bad experience.
What to do if your pet is not well-behaved in the boarding house
If your pet is not well-behaved in the boarding house, be prepared to keep a close eye on them. You can do a few things to make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable for you and the pet:
- Select a boarding house with a good reputation for being respectful of animals.
- Be sure to ask the boarding house if they have any policies or procedures in place regarding pets. If they do, be sure to follow these guidelines.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the boarding house’s rules before your pet arrives so there are no surprises when you get home.
Tips for making your pet boarding experience enjoyable
If you are boarding your pet while you are away, it is important to find a boarding house that will provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you select the right boarding house for your pet:
- Consider the type of pet your pet is. Some boarding houses specialize in caring for dogs, cats, or other pets of a certain type. If your pet is not usually kept indoors, be sure to inquire whether the boarding house accommodates pets that like to spend time outdoors.
- Consider the size and personality of your pet. Some pets are very active, and others may prefer to stay calm and quiet. Be sure to ask about the pets’ personality at the boarding house and whether they will get along with other pets in the home.
- Think about your travel schedule. Will you be able to pick up your pet on the day you leave? Is a specific time that works better for you to drop off your pet?
- Consider the price of the boarding experience. Does the boarding house have hourly rates, or does it have more expensive per-day rates? How much does it cost for extra services?
- Some boarding houses arrange regular video calls to show you how your pet is doing.
Once you are satisfied with all these, only then proceed to make the right selection for pet boarding house.
Josie Patra comes with 7 years of blogging experience. She has completed her degree in medicine and studying post-graduation in veterinary science. Josie has two dogs of her own and is an ardent pet lover.